JC Newman

March 12, 2007

Rocky Patel event; 3/9/07

Rocky Patel has had some major hits lately with his cigars. Among them, the Edge, and his '90 and '90 Vintage.

The Tobacco Merchant on Bower Parkway in Columbia had a Rocky Patel event on Friday night, March 9th. The crowd was large. They were running some nice deals; buy 3 get one free. Since I'm a fan of the Edge, I picked up some of the maduro and corojo. I got a couple Sun Grown cigars for free!

Greer, manager of the Tobacco Merchant, and Brad Winstead, rep for Rocky Patel, put on a good event. This was my first time meeting Brad. He's a nice guy and is going to work with the Tobacco Merchant to help supply some cigars for the Sister Care raffle at the upcoming SC Sit Down! (reminder: It's April 14th)

I also got a chance to see Doug Graul at the show. I haven't seen Doug in several years. Doug was our associate pastor at Redeemer for several years before taking his own Lutheran church in our area. I also got to see Alan and Carmen Holly who are from Batesburg-Leesville, SC. We all went to eat at the Wild Hare after the event.

Here's a few pics:

Doug and Connie:


Carmen and Alan:
The whole gang!

(l-r) Alan, Carmen, Doug, Connie, Tim, Greer, Brad

No comments: