JC Newman

January 21, 2008

Weekend review; January 19th and 20th, 2008

Cold, wet weekend! It rained all day Saturday so I decided to head to the Tobacco Merchant. The rain kept most people at home. The shop was slow. I hung around for a couple hours anyway. I had a Fonseca Cubana Limitada. Very good cigar. Nice spice. Some pepper. I'll do a better review of this cigar later. I bought a spare to bring home!

So, on to this weekend's reviews.


Sunday, January 20, 2008


  • Pontillo natural churchill


  • Perdomo Lot 23 maduro churchill


  • Unknown cigar from SC Sit Down no. 4


  • Arganese Cameroon Chairman robusto



Pontillo natural chuchill (7x50)

This is not your typical natural; it's got much more to it! It's medium bodied with nice spice. There is limited pepper. Very enjoyable cigar. It had a perfect draw. Tons of smoke. Burns well. Very consistent.

Just a quick note on Pontillo cigars: Of his cigars, the natural, maduro, and Paragon, none of them share any tobacco in their blends! All 3 have totally different blends! That's pretty cool!

Score: 89

.

Perdomo Lot 23 maduro churchill (7x50)

I picked up this cigar from the Tobacco Merchant when I was in there Saturday. I've been told this was a very good cigar and have been wanting to try it. I really like the natural version.

My initial draw had lots of pepper and nice spice. It is full bodied. Very good draw. Rich flavor. The cigar has a nice maduro flavor, but not a "sweet" maduro. Even burn. Very consistent. Really enjoyed the cigar.

Score: 90

The "Unknown" unbanded cigar (7 1/2x50)
I'm not sure who sent this cigar. I have it sorta narrowed down to Camno Viejo Tabacos and Vegas de Santiago, but I'm not sure. It has no band. It's very light in color; I'd call it a Connecticut wrapper. Anyway, here's the review:

This cigar has been sitting for 2 years! It had a very good draw. Nice, light caramel flavor. It was constructed very good. Flavorful spice. A very enjoyable cigar. No pepper but it doesn't matter with this cigar; it's that good! It has a nice aftertaste, too. Not harsh. Very smooth. Consistent! This is a very good cigar. I wish I knew what it was!

Score: 90

.

Arganese Cameroon Chairman Robusto (5x50)

This is by a new cigar company, Arganese Cigars, who will also be making an appearance at this year's SC Sit Down no. 8! Gene Arganese is scheduled to be here, and possibly some of his beautiful models! You can find out more on Arganese cigars at http://www.arganesecigars.com/

This was a beautiful, well made cigar. The initial draw was full of rich Cameroon flavor. I love Cameroon cigars and have been looking for a really good one; this is it! The cigar is full of spicey Caramel flavor! It had a great draw. Very consistent flavor. It's medium bodied. Produced tons of smoke. Nice aroma. This is a very good Cameroon cigar! Loved it!

Score: 91

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Class blog!