JC Newman

January 07, 2008

Weekend review; January 5th and 6th

Nice weekend in central S.C. Temps in the 60's. Great weekend for enjoying cigars, but isn't every weekend?

3 new cigars reviewed this weekend:
  • Black Pearl Toro (not real sure which one this is)

  • Tatuaje Havana VI Artistas (Torpedo)

  • CAO Brazilia Gol

Saturday, January 5th, 2008


Black Pearl Toro (6x50)

I have had this cigar in my humidor for at least 2 1/2 years! I got it in a 5 pack from cigarbid. I also didn't realize that there are so many types of Black Pearl cigars, so I'm not sure which one this is! Sorta makes this review pointless I guess, but if anyone knows which one I have based on the pic above, let me know.


The cigar was very dense and "heavy". I like that in a cigar, as long as it draws well and this one did! The cigar had nice spice about it. It had a semi-sweet Cameroon-type flavor. It was VERY slow burning, yet it had a very even burn. I'd say this cigar was mild-medium bodied. There was not muc pepper noted, if any, until the 1/3 point. Even then, it was not overly peppery, but a nice amount. This was a nice, surprising cigar!

Score: 87



Tatuaje Havana VI Artistas (Torpedo: 6.5x52)

This is a Pepin cigar. It was very nice looking, with a reddish color to the wrapper. It had a leathery flavor with some pepper. It developed spicyness at the midpoint. This was not my favorite Pepin cigar but still, a nice cigar. I had the last 1/3 of this cigar while enjoying our jacuzzi!

Score: 88



CAO Brazilia Gol (5x56)

After the jacuzzi, there was still some time for one more cigar; a CAO Brazilia Gol. I think that I've stated previously that the Brazilia line is my favorite CAO cigar. The Gol's are a great, short, fat cigar! They are a beauty to look at! They have the perfect blend of pepper and spice; not too much; just enough. The Brazilian maduro wrapper gives this cigar a wonderful flavor. It had a great draw and an almost perfect "lazer" burn. I nubbed this 'un!

Score: 90



Sunday, January 6th, 2008


Everything I had today has been previously reviewed.

I enjoyed (for a short time) a Rocky Patel 90 churchill. I say "short time" because it got destroyed during a home-yard project! Let's just leave it at that! I still had 3/4 of it left when I had to toss it! I was not happy.


After that, I lit up a Perdomo Habana maduro robusto, followed by a 5 Vegas Miami churchill (great cigar IMHO), and finally a Camacho SLR robusto.


That's it for this weekend!


No comments: