JC Newman

March 27, 2008

Cigar Magazine cigar ratings

A few weeks ago Cigar Magazine was looking for people to sample cigars and report back on them. I submitted a request to rate them and today I received the cigars to rate. The are all maduro's. Over the next couple weeks I'll be smoking the cigars and making notes. I will also be posting those reviews here. The list of cigars to be rated are:

  • La Finca Joya, 6x50
  • Macanudo Maduro Hyde Park, 5.5x49
  • Partagas No. 8 Maduro, 6.25x47
  • Por Larranaga Cuban Grade Toro, 6x50
  • Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte Madrid, 6.25x54
  • Belinda Black Exquisito, 6x50
  • Bolivar Cofradia No. 554, 5x54
  • Cuesta-Rey Centenario #60, 6x50
  • El Rey del Mundo Robusto, 5x54
  • Jose' Marti Robusto Extra 6.5x52

They sent 2 of each cigar just in case the first was not smokable. I had the first one this afternoon and will be reporting on it shortly. They appear to be in need of a little humidor time but they want all reports submitted by May 1, 2008! Since I'm a big maduro fan this should be fun!

No comments: