JC Newman

June 29, 2009

Weekend review; June 28, 2009

Well, this is going to be a brief review this week! I was busy most of the day Saturday attending my nephew's wedding in Greenville, South Carolina. It was a nice event. He and his new bride looked quite happy!



Then on Sunday afternoon my son and his fiance' dropped by for a couple hours. They are in the process of planning THEIR wedding which is scheduled for July 3rd, 2010. After they left Connie had some new lights for the upstairs bathrooms, so I installed them.


THEN...I had time to write a brief review. I am revisiting a cigar that I reviewed some time ago; the Tabacos Baez by Don Pepin Garcia. (reviewed October 13, 2008)

Sometimes it's good to revisit a cigar and re-rate it to see if you still have the same thoughts about it.

Yes, another DPG cigar! You are probably asking yourself, "why does Tim smoke so many DPG cigars?" That's a good question, and here's the answer...they're GOOD!!!!!




Sunday, June 28, 2009


Tabacos Baez Monarcas (6.5x52)



This DPG cigar was named for the town he was born in. It is very peppery with lots of citrus notes. It has a long finish with vanilla notes combined with subtle citrus notes. This Pepin cigar has a different taste compared to the others. You get some almond notes on the finish at the 1/3 point. The pepper is very nice in this cigar. It is very noticeable on the palate and rear throat. Very good cigar. I'd say it's medium bodied at best.


Score: 93

Last year I gave it a 94, so I still obviously like the cigar!

No comments: