JC Newman

July 10, 2009

No weekend review this week?

(Weekend of July 11th and 12th, 2009)
.
Yep, it's true. I'm taking this weekend off from my usual cigar reviews. The reason? I had 2 wisdom teeth taken out on Wednesday of this week! Now, the Doc said I could still have cigars but I should put a piece of gauze over the lower extraction. Now, I've tried this already and it's not easy to do! All you wind up with is a soaked piece of gauze! But, I still manage to have a cigar or 2 a day using this method. I think this would take away from the review of a cigar because you can't help but have the lingering taste of gauze! And as we all know, that's not a great taste!
.
It's been exactly 48 hours since I had the 2 teeth removed; one on the upper left and one on the lower right! Yeah, weird locations. I had my upper right wisdom tooth removed several years ago by my dentist. It was protruding far enough for him to grab it and yank it out, after deadening it of course! I still have one left, on the lower left side. This one appears to be just sitting there and not hurting anything. As long as it sits and behaves it can stay in there!
.
As the Doc warned me, the lower right area is beginning to swell. He said it would reach it's peak after 3 or 4 days. Here I am after 48 hours. Both sides are a little puffy but see the swelling on my right side? .







Oh well, I'm on the mend now so I'll be back to "normal" soon. Well, as normal as I can be anyway!

No comments: