JC Newman

December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas to all!

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. I did, and as usual it began on Christmas Eve at the in-laws house. We had a fantastic prime rib for lunch, then the gifts were passed out. I made out good. My mother in law always gives nice gifts. I also attended the Christmas Eve service at my church.

Christmas Day was very relaxed. Our son, Ty, was in Michigan with his new in-laws. He was scheduled to return the day after Christmas but a freak snow storm has him trapped in Philadelphia until Monday! I am scheduled to pick him up at the Columbia airport at 1:30 pm. He has to spend the night in the airport!

Back to Christmas day...Chelsea spent the night with us and she opened her gifts. She was quite pleased with what Santa brought!




Connie and I agreed we would not exchange gifts since we took the cruise last week. I did, however, give her a $40 gift certificate to her favorite nail salon. She really liked that.

Connie has been fighting a head cold since Monday night. She did not attend church with me on Christmas Eve and did not go to my mom's house on Christmas night. She really feels bad! She's resting up in an attempt to be able to go back to work on Monday. Chelsea and I sent to mom's house and we had a good time there. Here are a few pics from the night:










The forecast was for snow in Columbia beginning late Christmas night and continuing through Sunday. I did not put much faith in their prediction but when I awoke today and looked out there was snow! There was a couple inches spread around but the roads were clear so I went to Sunday church services.





The crowd at church was light, as I expected. When I went to the gym after church I learned, through text messages from orbitz.com, that Ty's flight was delayed. I received a call from Ty after my workout that his flight was cancelled and he would be spending the night in the airport. I felt very bad for him but he said he was ok with it and would see me on Monday afternoon.

Quite a Christmas. I have lived here all my life and can never remember having snow so close to Christmas. We missed a white Christmas by *that* much; so close, but no cigar!

I did enjoy some good cigars over the Christmas holiday. Here are the main two:



No comments: