JC Newman

May 15, 2012

Gurkha Wicked Indie Event





Gurkha Cigars committed to sponsoring this year's S.C. Sit down but there was a mix up in the shipping.  The cigars arrived on Monday after the event. So, I decided to wait a month and have a mini-event. And tonight that's exactly what we did. I invited the local cigar lovers and several showed up to sample the Wicked Indie cigars. This was my first try with this cigar and I must say that everyone enjoyed them very much. They are all Nicaraguan, which is always a good thing in my book. The attendees got several to enjoy plus Gurkha sent a crystal ashtray for our raffle. I decided to raffle it off tonight and give the money to SisterCare, Inc. Here are a few pictures of the beautiful ashtray.








With the event on a Tuesday night it was tough for it to fit into every one's schedules but I appreciate all who showed up.













Everyone wanted the ashtray but only one could win it. So, I put all the names in a hat and had a lady sitting behind us (you can barely see her behind me in the above picture) draw out a name. And here's who she drew out...




Yep! That's me! Fantastic! I love the beautiful crystal ashtray. Plus, we raised $150 for SisterCare. That brings our yearly total of money raised to $7450! Quite a total and SisterCare really appreciates it. Thanks to all who attended and to Gurkha Cigars for providing the night's cigars and ashtray.


The Gurkha Wicked Indie cigars were great. Look for my review on them coming soon.


Everyone had a great time. Here are a few parting shots.







No comments: