JC Newman

January 01, 2013

New Year's Day cigars, 2013



Perfect type of day; nothing to do but watch football games all day long. I started the day with a Perdomo Nick's Sticks Sun Grown torpedo...just to warm up. Then, just in time for the start of the South Carolina/Michigan game I settled in with the first of my New Year's Day 2013 cigars.

The Partagas Serie D no. 4 from September, 2010. This is from a box I bought in Grand Cayman at the La Casa del Habano. As you probably know if you read my blog this is my favorite Cuban cigar. It's a tradition of mine to have a Cuban cigar on every New Years day and when possible, on New Year's Eve too.








So good, I had to nub it!





Next up was the Fuente Opus X Perfecxion no. 2. What can I say about the Opus X? Simply put, it's one of the best cigars in the world! Perfect for a celebratory New Year's Day cigar!











Then, I moved on to a cigar that's just as special. This cigar was given to me by a friend who I let stay at our house during a move he was making. I was very surprised when he handed this to me. I saved it for today. The Padron 80th Anniversary! Talk about tasty! Wow! This was a great cigar. So glad I included it for today!














I finished up the day with a fantastic Perdomo 20th Anniversary Sun Grown. This would be my number 2 ranked cigar for all of 2012 if I were to rank a top 10. A great, great cigar. Perdomo is one of my favorite manufacturers and this is a fantastic cigar.








The fire kept us warm all afternoon long while I enjoyed some of the best cigars in the world. This was a great start to 2013.

No comments: