JC Newman

May 05, 2008

Weekend review; May 3rd and 4th, 2008

After some yard work and some rather inexpensive cigars I settled down in the air conditioning with some nice cigars. First up...


Saturday, May 3rd, 2008

Oliva V torpedo (6x56)


This is a beautiful cigar! Very dense feeling, too. Very spicy, which I love. Some pepper noted with caramel overtones and leather undertones. There was a slight sweetness noted. Very even burning; slow burning cigar. Firm ash. Finish is long and pleasing. This is a very good cigar and very popular right now!

Score: 94



Sosa Toro (6x50)


This is my first Sosa cigar. Very nice spice with some pepper. Light caramel overtones. Finish is medium to long. Nice flavor. Good draw. Even burn. Not heavy on spice but very nice amount.

Score: 91



Sunday, May 4th, 2008

Fonseca Cubano Limitatada Toro Gordo (6.5x52)


Large ring cigar. Rather rough looking. Hints of leather, cream, spice, and light pepper. The finish is long. Spice really builds as you smoke the cigar. Hints of caramel noted after an inch of so. Pretty good burn for a fat cigar. Consistent flavor. The Cubano Limitada is, by far, my favorite line of Fonseca.
Score: 90



H. Upmann Vintage Cameroon Belicoso (6 1/8x52)


I previously reviewd this cigar but I am reviewing it again. I love this cigar! This is a fantastic cameroon cigar. It starts out immediately with an intense caramel flavor! It is great! The burn is very even. Nice spice with hints of pepper. I highly recommend this cigar to anyone who is looking for a tasty cameroon cigar. The ash is tight. Not an overpowering cigar; I'd say it's medium bodied but it's sooooooo tasty!
Score: 93

No comments: