October 11, 2015

Merciless Robusto (by Joya de Nicaragua for Famous Smoke Shop) 5 x 50




Video review HERE.


Famous Smoke Shop introduces a couple of shop exclusives from Joya de Nicaragua. Cunning will offer a milder offering in a Ecuadorian Connecticut Shade wrapper blend while Merciless will feature an Ecuadorian Habano wrapper blend and be geared more toward experience cigar enthusiasts. The cigars are available now online. 

Both cigars are described as small batch limited production releases, but are not one time releases either.

Today I am reviewing the Merciless robusto.

Wrapper: Ecuadorian Habano
Binder: Dominican
Filler: Nicaraguan
Country of Origin: Nicaragua (Joya de Nicaragua SA)

Available in boxes of 20 in these sizes:
Robusto: 5 x 50 (REVIEWED TODAY)
Toro: 6 x 50
Magnum: 6 x 60
Churchill: 7 x 50

The Merciless is made in the Joya de Nicaragua factory and is well made. It has a nice oily wrapper with an average dense feel in the hand.




The Joya de Nicaragua logo is seen on the Merciless band.





The test draw after cutting the cap was excellent. The initial flavors were a tangy orange citrus with roasted nuts, leather, coffee, and black pepper rated at an 8. The cigar tastes like it will be full bodied soon. I would call it medium to full bodied as it is now.


About 1/2 inch in the cigar settled down nicely. There are now sweet, tangy orange citrus notes with cinnamon notes. The leather notes have really come forward and the black pepper has increased to an 8 1/2. The roasted nuts and coffee are still there. The finish has some citrus and cream and a lot of lingering black pepper. The cigar is moving toward full bodied. This cigar has a lot of Joya de Nicaragua flavors.




2 inches in and the burn is almost perfect. The leather is very prominent and there are now nutmeg notes mixed in. The citrus notes are sweet but they are overshadowed by the leather. There are still cinnamon, roasted nuts, and coffee notes. The finish is unchanged. The pepper is very good on both ends. This is shaping up to be a nice surprise. The cigar is now full bodied.



With about 2 inches remaining the roasted nuts have made a move forward to go along with the heavy leather and nutmeg.. There are coffee notes at the base. The leather is 70% of your upfront flavor with the sweet citrus and cinnamon the other 30%. It's actually a good mix. The finish is unchanged.



The cigar ended with a little nutmeg on the finish. This has been a good full bodied cigar. The heavy leather and nutmeg mixing with the sweet, tangy orange citrus and cinnamon with roasted nuts made for a nice cigar. If you like full bodied cigars put this one on your radar screen. It's a must-try cigar. The price point is also very good. You can purchase these cigars HERE. Very good house cigar from Famous Smoke Shop.


Score: 93

No comments: