JC Newman

June 28, 2019

How you can support the work of Tiny Tim's Cigar World

This week we saw sweeping changes in the way Youtube uses monetization on their website. Although I use monetization, which is the adding of ads on my videos, it never amounted to a great deal of money. But in the minds of Youtube cigars are a no-no so they are eliminating or greatly reducing any monetization of these types of videos.

As you know reviewing cigars cost money. 95% of the cigars I review are purchased by me. The other 5% are sent to me by manufacturers. This rarely happens anymore. I actually like purchasing my own cigars because I have total control of the review. No subtle influences, which does not work with me anyway. I'm honest to a fault. I have lost several manufacturers who originally sent cigars for review because they did not see the score they wanted. It's simple; send good cigars. But, I pick and choose the cigars I want to review and I like it that way.

That all being said the cost of purchasing cigars continues. With the loss of monetization on Youtube I am left with my corporate sponsors for the most part to help offset my expenses.

The best way you can  help me is to purchase from my sponsors. They see traffic from the blog and will continue to support me.

Another way that was added today is a direct contribution by you. If you like my work with the reviews and are moved to help in any way you can click the "Donate" button on the top right side of the screen. I appreciate any help you want to give.

Reviewing cigars is fun. That's why I started. That's why I'll continue.

Please use my sponsors that are listed on the site and if you choose donate directly. I appreciate your viewership and comments.

No comments: