JC Newman

August 07, 2006

Tiny Tim's 48th Birthday celebration!

Yep, getting older! That, as they say, is better than the alternative!

It was a nice, relaxing day. After attending a family reunion I returned home for a short nap, then off to the Wild Hare for a couple cigars! Bildo792 surprised me by coming up Saturday to spend the day. Since he lives in Bluffton (Hilton Head), it was quite a effort to drive up for the day. Bill drives a little faster than I do, but it still takes him 2 1/2 hours to get here from HH. I tried to get him to stay the night and drive back Sunday morning but he had to be back on the island to attend his friend's concert at MIDNIGHT!!!! We spent the day at the local cigar shop, then Connie prepared a beaufort stew for supper! Beaufort stew, for you who do not know, is shrimp, corn on the cob, and sausage all boiled in a huge pot! It's GOOD!!!!! After supper we immediately went to a lakeside bar called Docksides for more cigars and nice conversation. Bill left at 9:30pm, so I trust he made it back to the island ok.Yes, this was a very nice birthday weekend.

Bill and I as we're leaving for the cigar shop. I'm holding the Camacho Scorpio that StogiesandHoagies gifted me. These were made by Camacho for Charlie's private cigar club in Charlotte, NC and I'm the only person outside the club to have one (2 actually!)

Connie, me, and Bill at Docksides bar:

Of course, here's my REAL birthday present:

No comments: