JC Newman

October 16, 2021

HVC 10th Anniversary (6 1/2 x 50)





Video review HERE.


(Description taken from Cigar-coop.com website)

At the 2021 Premium Cigar Association (PCA) Trade Show, HVC Cigar Company will unveil its 10th Anniversary Cigar.

On a social media post, HVC owner Reinier Lorenzo said “A big day for us is approaching! I am happy to announce the release of our very own ’10th Anniversary’ cigar. It has been 10 years of consistency, perseverance and hard work and I am excited to celebrate with this special cigar. Needless to say, I am extremely grateful to every single person who has supported me and our brand, all the clients, sales reps, the people from Nicaragua and my family for encouraging me throughout the years. It is a big milestone that only motivates me for the next 10 years ahead. See you all in Vegas.”

The HVC 10th Anniversary is a 6 1/2 x 50 Toro featuring all Nicaraguan tobaccos. It is packaged in 10-count boxes. Pricing is set at $15.00 per cigar.


The cigar looks nice and well made. It has a nice feel in the hand.




The test draw after cutting the cap was quite firm. I used the PerfecDraw tool to open the draw. It helped a little but still not great. I went about 4 inches in. The initial flavors at light up were citrus, citrus peel, brown sugar, a little cinnamon, nutmeg, and leather. There was black pepper rated at 7 to 7 1/2. The flavors are very typical of Aganorsa tobacco.



At the first third (36 minutes) the flavors have melded into a peach. There are still light citrus peel notes, brown sugar, creamy nutmeg, leather, and a small amount of black coffee. The finish is peach and leather with good lingering black pepper. The cigar is medium bodied. The flavors are nice, they're not crazy good. I rated the first third 92.




Moving through the second third (1 hour 16 minutes) the cigar seemed to be improving around the midpoint. But as I continued it started to have increased nutmeg and black coffee. The cigar is medium to full bodied. The finish is still peach and leather with a little black coffee. The lingering black pepper is still good. The cigar showed promise and really dropped back so I rated the second third 90.




The cigar lasted 1 hour 44 minutes. The cigar kept progressively dropping back. The peach notes at this point were very faint. There was a little brown sugar, very light nutmeg, and much increased black coffee. I didn't even notice the leather notes so they have pretty much gone away. The cigar is a high grade medium to full bodied. The finish is a lot of black coffee, a little nutmeg, and faint peach notes with very good lingering black pepper. I expected more from HVC with their 10th Anniversary. This is a cigar that is worth trying but not up to my expectations. I rated the final third 88. You can purchase these cigars HERE.




Overall Score: 90

No comments: