Video review HERE.
(Description provided by Forged Cigar Co.)
Room101 Cigars is reigniting one of its most sought-after sub-brands with the introduction of Johnny Tobacconaut Maduro — a highly anticipated return and the next chapter in an episodic story that began in 2015.
Originally released as a limited Unobtanium project, Johnny Tobacconaut quickly built a reputation among collectors and enthusiasts. Now, the brand returns in Maduro form, offering a darker, more developed expression of the original concept.
Built with AJ Fernandez, Johnny Tobacconaut Maduro is a full-bodied Nicaraguan puro, finished with a rich, oily maduro wrapper. The blend delivers bold notes of earth, espresso, and dark cocoa, pushing the profile further while staying true to the character that defined the original release.
Matt Booth, Founder and Creative Director of Room101 Cigars, said: “I was a tremendous disappointment to my mother during my teenage years. I still lament over this period of life well knowing that time was the only medicine to heal our relationship. Time brings lessons nothing else can teach - and in time we have evolved our beloved Johnny Tobacconaut into a sensational maduro variant which I believe is the most appropriate evolutionary step for this series in our evergreen effort to spread this cosmic brand across this beautiful planet of ours.”
Johnny Tobacconaut Maduro began shipping to retailers in June 2026 and will be available in three vitolas: Robusto (5 x 50) REVIEWED TODAY, Toro (6 x 52), and Gordo (6 x 60). The cigars will be offered in 20-count boxes, with suggested retail prices ranging from $10.29 to $12.49 per cigar.
The cigar is dark and has an average feel in the hand.
The test draw after cutting the cap was good. The initial flavors at light up were a pear-like flavor, a lot of brown sugar, a little tanned leather, a little chocolate, and black coffee. There was black pepper rated at 7 1/2. Nice start.
At the first third (15 minutes) the cigar is very sweet. I still had the pear-like notes, a lot of brown sugar, white chocolate, and black coffee. The white chocolate notes surprised me. I did not expect those in a Maduro cigar. The black coffee at this point is very light. The cigar is medium bodied and it's leaning toward medium to full. The finish is black coffee with some light pear and white chocolate notes and very good lingering black pepper. I rated the first third 95.
As I moved through the second third (31 minutes) the cigar changed a little. The pear-like notes are tangy. They seem to have some citrus in them. The white chocolate notes are still there. And the black coffee is still holding the base. There is a little earthiness but not much. I do not have any chocolate notes. The cigar is still medium bodied, leaning toward medium to full. The finish is a full bodied black coffee, almost an espresso with very good lingering black pepper. I held the score of 95.
The cigar lasted 49 minutes. In the final third I had some light tangy notes which could be the pear and citrus. There was quite a bit of brown sugar. and black coffee. I lost the white chocolate but there is a lot of brown sugar. The cigar is medium to full bodied. The finish is black coffee with a little brown sugar sweetness and very good lingering black pepper. I lost some of the notes I had previously but the brown sugar is elevated. I rated the final third 94. This is a very good cigar. I am curious if the Toro is just as good.







No comments:
Post a Comment