JC Newman

October 29, 2007

Weekend review; October 27 & 28, 2007

Saturday, Oct. 27, 2007

Lit up a new Perdomo Habana Corojo that was gifted to me by Carlos, aka Boofa. Nice looking cigar. 5x52 or so. Had nice spice and pepper, just the way I like 'em. Very smooth cigar. Had a few small burn issues but nothing terrible. I enjoyed this cigar very much.


Very cool looking band on this cigar too:


Next was another Perdomo; a Reserve La Tradicion maduro, 7x54.

I love these cigars and have purchased a bunch from cigarbid.com. This cigar never lets me down. Great maduro flavor with just a touch of pepper.

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Started off the afternoon with a new cigar from Gurkha, the X-Fuerte. Great looking cigar; 7x54 torpedo shape, almost black. I was looking forward to some deep maduro tastes! Unfortunately, this cigar does not have the maduro tastes that I love. The flavor is maduro but without any richness or sweetness that typical maduro usually has. Also, with a name like Fuerte I expected it to have some pop, but it didn't. The cigar does, however, have one of the prettiest bands I've ever seen! Too bad you can't smoke the bands! I have a bunch of these as I went wild on cigarbid awhile back, because I usually like Gurkha stuff, so maybe with a little age they'll improve.

Next was a long time favorite; J.R. Ultimate Oscuro; 7.25x54. This is the last of a box I bought a couple years ago. I knew this cigar would not disappoint, and it didn't! This is a double maduro delight that J.R. Cigars sells as their top of the line housebrand. At around $85 a box of 25, these are a great value in a top notch cigar. I'll be picking up more of these.

The last cigar of the day was an Oliva G Maduro Churchill. This is a nice looking cigar; very square pressed! It must have been maduro day for me because this was the 3rd maduro cigar for me today! This cigar was fantastic! Everyone knows Oliva makes great cigars and this was my first of the "G" series. It started out with the typical sweet maduro flavor that Oliva is known for, then at about the halfway point the pepper kicked in. Ah! This was a delight! Great cigar. Highly recommend it to you maduro lovers.

No comments: