JC Newman

April 28, 2008

Weekend review; April 26th and 27th, 2008

Saturday, April 26, 2008


I got the yard work done just in time before the rains hit! Nice day to sit inside and smoke cigars!


Montecristo White Churchill (7x54)


The initial light up had a blast of leather! The spice was close behind. Very good draw. The finish is long with a sweet aftertaste. The combination of leather and spice is very nice. This cigar has been sitting in my humidor for well over a year. It seems to have benefited from it. I've had this cigar before and was not impressed, but this time I really enjoyed it. I've seen these listed as full bodied, but I'd say they're medium at best. There were some pepper notes noticed at the 1/3 to 1/2 point. Much to my surprise this was a very good cigar. Nice flavor and great aftertaste!

Score: 92



After attending a wedding at 6pm I finished the day with a Rocky Patel Edge maduro toro. (previously rated)




Sunday, April 27, 2008


Armando Ramos Beethoven Series Barber Pole torpedo (5.5x54)


Initially there were notes of leather, grass, coffee, and spice. Some pepper noted after 1/2 inch. Very nice combination of flavors. Finish is rather long. Very even burnign cgar. Really enjoyed this cigar.

Score: 93



Padilla Miami Churchill (7x48)


Beautiful, well constructed cigar. Heavy almond notes initially. Some spice noted at 1/2 inch. Pepper noted. The flavors meld into a very nice flavor. The finish is long. Great tasting cigar!!

Score: 95

No comments: