JC Newman

June 16, 2008

Weekend review; June 15th, 2008

Happy Father's Day!



This was a very busy weekend! First, my son Ty closed on his new house on Friday! Quite an accomplishment for a 24 year old. It's a brand new house, too! He was able to upgrade several things since it was not a spec house. It turned out very nice! Well, since he closed on a Friday that meant that I'd be helping move in the heavy stuff on Saturday, so I had to cram my yardwork into Friday evening! On Saturday we got his stuff moved in. He had his bedroom furniture stored at a friend's house. Once we got everything moved in and set up he and Connie began hanging pictures, curtains, and that sort of thing. I bugged out and went back to do more yard work at our house! Had a nice 601 Habana churchill on the ride home and while working in the yard.



Since Sunday was Father's Day, I decided to have something special. So, I chose the Vegas Robaina Don Alejandro. This is a long cigar; 7.6" x 49. Nice spice and flavor. I've reviewd this cigar before so I won't bore anyone with it again. To paraphrase; it's great! These are a treat, so I don't have them that often!



I followed it up with another cigar I've reviewd before; the Don Pepin Garcia Blue churchill.
Very tasty cigar! This made a great follow-up to the VRDA.



The only cigar I had that I have not reviewed previously (as far as I can remember) is the Armando Ramos Graffiti Liga 2 (5.5 x 50)



Quite a spicy cigar with nice pepper notes. Ligero really comes through. This cigar delivers some pop! It's not a mild cigar; I'd put it at medium to full. Nice caramel undertones. One of the best cigars I've had from Armando Ramos. Plus, they're quite affordable. You can check them out on their website: http://www.thecigarfo.com/store/index.php


Score: 92

No comments: