JC Newman

January 02, 2009

New Years 2009 report

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
2009 IS HERE!!!
Here's hoping 2009 will be better than 2008! I think we can all agree on that one!

I'm sure a lot of you celebrated hard on New Year's Eve, but this year Connie and I stayed home. As a matter of fact the New Year came in while I was asleep!

This New Year's Eve marks my 10 year anniversary enjoying cigars. It was December 31st, 1998 and I was in Cozumel, Mexico on a cruise. I decided to pop into a cigar shop on the waterfront and picked up a Cohiba Esplendido (or at least I think that's what I got; not sure if it was an LCDH or not). From that single cigar I emerged deeper and deeper into cigars and now have 7 humidors, one of which is a 1200 count end table model.Here is an actual pic of that first cigar experience. Remember, we're 10 years younger in this pic!





So, every year since I've had a Cuban cigar on New Year's Eve. This year was no different. I expanded it to include New Years Day too! Here'sa pic of the lineup I decided to go with this year:

(L-R) Partagas Series D no. 4, Bolivar Belicoso Fino, Montecriston Edmundo, Vegas Robaina Don Alejandro, Montecristo no. 2

As it turned out I did not have time for the Bolivar Belicoso Fino but that's ok. It will remain for another day! The order of the cigars I had, and their box code dates were:

New Years Eve:

Montecristo No. 2 (January 2006)




New Years Day:

Partagas Series D no. 4 (February 2006)

Vegas Robaina Don Alejandro (May, 2005)

Montecristo Edmundo (August 2005)

All very good cigars and very different. The Monte 2 and PSD4 were the most full bodied while the VR was smooth and tasty with good spice. The Edmundo was an absolutely outstanding cigar! It was almost like candy! The thick caramel aftertaste was fantastic!

Here's wishing everyone a Happy, healthy, and prosperous New Year!!!!!

No comments: