JC Newman

March 16, 2009

Weekend review; March 14 & 15, 2009

Last weekend it was sunny and great weather. This weekend it's rain, rain, rain. Not a hard rain, but rather a light mist all day Saturday and Sunday. Oh well, that's the way it goes sometimes. BTW, spring starts this coming Friday!

The cigars I'm reviewing this weekend are interesting because they're not available everywhere. One is somewhat of a mystery to me and the other is only available at Cigars International.

They are:
  • Brooklyn Cigars Private Collection torpedo
  • Camcho 1962 churchill



Saturday, March 14, 2009


Brooklyn Cigars PRivate Collection torpedo (6x52)


2 years ago I received this cigar from Paul Magus who owns a company in New Jersey that makes cigars primariliy with Ecuadorian tobacco. I have been letting this cigar sit for a long time. I decided to have it today. BTW, here is a website that was given to me by Boofa (Carlos) on these cigars: http://www.oldschoolcigars.com/index.html

The cigar started out quite spicy with pepper and sweet notes. There were cinnamon notes mixed in with the spice. I found this to be a very nice cigar. The cinnamon faded after awhile but the spice stayed strong. The finish was a little short. Nice cigar.

Score: 88









Sunday, March 15, 2009

Camacho 1962 churchill (7x48)


As far as I know this cigar is only available through Cigars International or cigarbid.com. I suppose it's a "private" cigar for them. For a Camacho this is a rather mild cigar. I would put it at a medium at best. The cigar had a leather taste at lightup. It also had lots of spice. There are some pepper notes but not overwealming. The finish is long and sweet. The leathery spice stayed consistent to the end.

Score: 91

No comments: