JC Newman

April 01, 2009

Weekend review; March 28, 2009

Another rainy weekend here in South Carolina but that's ok. At least it gets rid of the pine pollen...for a little while!



This weekend I decided to have a cigar that's been in my humidor for several years. I picked it up while at the Moon Palace Resort in Cancun, Mexico in September of 2006; http://tinytimblog.blogspot.com/search?q=cancun+vacation



It is an A. Turrent 2000 toro. (6x50)


One website described it as:

Wrapper: Criollo San Andres

Binder: Nicaraguan

Filler: Selected Blend of San Andres long filler tobaccos

The cigar was very dark. I'm not sure if it was a maduro or not. It had sweet spice with a touch of pepper. The finish was short. There is a flavor of rich, black coffee. The spice is very rich. The cigar stayed very consistent. This was a surprisingly nice cigar. I'm not a big fan of Mexican cigars but this one was good.



Score: 92

No comments: