JC Newman

March 22, 2019

EPILOGUE: New World Cameroon Selection Toro (6 x 50)



Reference post: https://tinytimblog.blogspot.com/2019/01/new-world-cameroon-selection-toro-6-x-50.html

Since having this cigar in mid-January I was so impressed I ordered a box of the toros. After having several here and there, I have noticed a troubling point. The cigars seem to be inconsistent. The reviews are done under rigid conditions. I prepare for the review the same way for each cigar. The results shown above and in the video are true. I report exactly what I taste, etc.

However, when I'm impressed with a certain cigar I tend to have more of them. Why not? They're good so have more! I'll have them in places that do not have the same conditions as the controlled review, like in the car, watching a tv show, etc.

I am not able to duplicate the same great flavors in this cigar while driving or watching tv, etc. When this happens once it could be a fluke. No big deal. Maybe it's me. Who knows. But, when it happens over and over under various conditions it gets troublesome.

Bottom line; these cigars seem to be very inconsistent. I've had some from the same box that I would rate at a 90 and some others at a 92 but none that have impressed me like the review sample.

For these reasons I am lowering the overall score to 90.5. It is important to note that the reviewed sample stands on it's own. Those were exactly the flavors I got. Unfortunatley subsequent samples did not prove to be the same.

This very well could be a blending problem with this particular box but I find it hard to believe I'm the only one who has run into this situation. I invite anyone who has seen similar results to comment.

I have never run into this situation, or at least to this extent, but I feel it's important to report this situation to the general cigar world.

No comments: